Welcome

to my blog! I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say!


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Perfect Toast

Today I invented this delicious toast. I call it Apple Almond Cinnamon Pecan Toast, it's not that hard to make, and I'll even give you the recipe!

One peace of toast, golden brown in the middle.

A thin layer of almond butter (I'll admit I didn't come up with the almond butter part...it was mom's idea really...but I came up with everything else), make sure it's thin, or it might not taste as good.

One layer of Crofter's Organic Apple Jelly.

One crumbled Pecan, you can use more if you wish.
Sprinkles of Cinnamon, here's a picture to give you an idea:

So that's my toast recipe, it's good for a snack (or maybe some during breakfast) or a little dessert, hope you enjoy it (if you try it) as much as I do!

Rose

6 comments:

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose said...

Tastes kind of like cinnamon toast...with the sweet apple flavor and the crunchy chewy pecans.

persimmon said...

try walnuts...they are good for you! although, have to admit pecans are better...did you mom ever tell you about the time we ordered pecan pie. It was walnut pie...the manager tried to tell us that the reason the "pecans" tasted like walnuts is they were "young" pecans. Yeah, right...I mean they even looked like walnuts.

Your grandfather had a friend who had walnutophobia...yeah, wouldn't eat them. Scared. Weird I thought.

persimmon said...

I have another idea! Honey...that would be a flavor treat. Sometimes I take cashew butter/honey sandwiches to work with me...yum.

Galaxy said...

Tag, Rosy! You're it! (see my blog for details)

Rose said...

The apple jelly is the sweetener, it has sugar in it...I don't think it needs honey. And it tastes best with pecans...it wouldn't really taste good with walnuts...have you tried it?